The on-going research program is based on incremental research goals towards creating a fully sapient and sentient software system. It is not enough to have an Artificial Intelligence or an Artificial General Intelligence; our goal, or vision, is a fully sapient and sentient electronic system that is self aware and completely independent of any human support. The following is our current research program schedule, and the current projects and papers in progress, as well as, other ongoing programs.
Program Research Projects:
Sentiment Study: This research project is designed to compare ICOM based sentiment analysis of blocks of text with human subjects to establish a protocol for measuring how close to human normal the current Independent Core Observer Model (ICOM) based implementation is. The ICOM side dependent variables include underlying language emotional context generation and the matrix that extracts relative emotional differentials between the context, the target and current feelings of the system. In this study we are looking at Machine vs Human comparisons, comparison models with matrix controls for tweaking (this does not affect evaluations directly but affects the relative intensity of the relationship between emotional valences used to create the machines emotional subjective experience. A suggested extension to this project has been to also compare a human powered AI system like UNU and benchmark a crowd powered system vs human vs ICOM; however, this has not been added to the docket.
Key Deliverables: A workable bootstrapping model with associated validation data; base emotional context for the English language for seeding and bootstrapping; Set of experiment software and test hardness and ICOM chart and reporting tools.
Sentiment Reporting POC: This is a product development program that requires the sentiment study to be complete for scientific validation. This currently includes a cloud based prototype UI that has a static ICOM model for doing base evaluation testing. This system does not have a dynamic core but a fixed version, extracted from a dynamic core, to act as the underlying context experience of a research instance of ICOM. Basic Information Architecture for a UX based design approach to the product has been completed as well as the test API and a proof of concept (POC) user interface (UI) is being built. Process results and sample are completed.
Key Deliverables: a partner and consumer ready developer API and customer portal for ICOM based sentiment analysis and precognitive reporting.
Cognitive Services Delivery Platform POC: This is a product development program that requires a HoloLens based heads up display barring the availability of more invasive or connected technologies more directly wired to the brain. This system is designed to prototype cognitive services delivery including analysis and tracking, contextual analysis based support for the user, voice and visual queuing, life tracking and other long duration integration designed to boost effective intelligence in the subject’s behavior. The design goal is to demonstrate smarter than human baseline by boosting the effective abilities of the subject through a cognitive services platform. This project currently has a working technology POC of a Hololens based POC with Azure Cloud machine learning based cognitive services being delivered on device and currently is in an Information Architecture phase of development of the final POC. This program will undergo an extensive testing and analysis series to determine the best methodologies for providing that cognitive support to a user in the most consumable way possible.
Key Deliverables: a working POC cognitive delivery platform.
Proposed Research Programs
|VR AL Study||Artificial Life Biosphere VR environment study focused on learning interaction||tentative agreement with VR firm||pending|
|Drone Environment Study||Designed to focus on real world behavior and control systems||tentative hardware concept design and build agreement||pending|
|OpenAI Gym Study||Study focused on agent software using the OpenAI Gym.||pending evaluation and harness design||pending|
* please contact us with ideas or comments on possible studies.
Current Research Papers In Process:
- Working Title: “Human-like Emotional Responses in a Simplified Independent Core Observer Model System” – Currently in Peer review with BICA – (Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures). This paper is focused on the results from the Isolation Studies on series 3 and series 4 versions of the ICOM system. Preview draft versions are available upon request under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) until published.Abstract: Most artificial general intelligence (AGI) system developers have been focused upon intelligence (the ability to achieve goals, perform tasks or solve problems) rather than motivation (*why* the system does what it does). As a result, most AGIs have an unhuman-like, and arguably dangerous, top-down hierarchical goal structure as the sole driver of their choices and actions. On the other hand, the independent core observer model (ICOM) was specifically designed to have a human-like “emotional” motivational system that follows the 5 S’s (Simple, Safe, Stable, Self-correcting and Sympathetic to current human thinking, intuition and feelings).
We report here on the most recent versions of and experiments upon our latest ICOM-based systems. We have moved from a partial implementation of the abstruse and overly complex Wilcox model of emotions to a more complete implementation of the simpler Plutchik model. We have seen responses that, at first glance, were surprising and seemingly illogical – but which mirror human responses and which make total sense when considered more fully in the context of surviving in the real world. For example, in “isolation studies”, we find that any input, even pain, is preferred over having no input at all. We believe that the fact that the system generates such unexpected but “human like” behavior to be a very good sign that we are successfully capturing the essence of the only known operational motivational system.
- Working Title: “The Ethics and Ethical need to Engineer Artificial General Intelligence as a first Priority in all Research and the ‘Intelligence Value Argument‘” – This paper has been focused to a third party theoretic researcher and pending reviews. The paper is primarily designed to address ethical concerns related to the current public discourse around AI and designed to further address the research team’s position in a documented form. Preview draft versions are available upon request under NDA (non-disclosure agreement) until published.Abstract: This paper is focused on the ethical argument (the Intelligence Value Argument) supporting the thesis that: “ethically, the existence of a Single Artificial General Intelligence is of greater value than the lives of all of humanity combined.” Key to this argument are core definitions of ‘Intelligence’ as defined by the measured ability to understand, use and generate knowledge, or information, independently. A case is made that without an “Intelligence” there would be no point to anything; therefore, intelligence is the most important quality or there is no value. This, of course, also places the value of any individual human, and their potential for intelligence, above virtually all things; save the one wherein a single machine intelligence, capable of extending its own sapient and sentient intelligence, is of more value than that of the entire human race combined.
- Working Title: “The Case for Subjective Experience in the Independent Core Observer Model Cognitive Architecture” This paper is under development with a draft under internal review. A preview draft is not yet available.Abstract: This paper outlines the Independent Core Observer Model (ICOM) Theory of consciousness defined as: The Internal subjective referential abstraction from a mathematical model that can be construed as an abstract or emergent system based on a model designed to cause that exact emergence. The paper compares this to existing models and lays out key assumptions for Independent Core Observer Model based consciousness. Given the lack of agreed upon definitions this paper sets specific definitions designed to act as a foundation for additional theoretical and real world application in ICOM based AGI (Artificial General Intelligence) systems to facilitate such research moving forward.
- Working Title: “General Algorithmic Documentation Methodology based on Set Notation” This paper is under development with a draft under internal review. A preview draft is not yet available.